Friday, March 30, 2012

This = taking forever....

It has been 14 weeks since we were in court in Ethiopia...I can hardly believe it. Fourteen weeks since we have seen our daughter, and back then we thought we'd be back to get her in 6-8 weeks.
We have two more weeks to wait until Kiya, the one who found her, is interviewed by the Embassy. I can hardly believe that we have to wait that long to hear any news.
We are getting close to the date we began this adoption process, April 8, 2009. If you would have told me back then three years later we would still be waiting for our child and had a son as well I would never have believed you. It's crazy that when we began the wait time for a referral was only 1-3 months for a boy and 6-8 months for a girl. Times certainly change!

We were submitted to the Embassy almost five weeks ago. I know this is the last waiting time in this entire process & to be so close to getting her is encouraging, but this is by far the hardest couple of months I feel like I've gone through, minus being pregnant and scared out of my mind for 9 months with blake.
The thing with pregnancy though is that there is a end in sight. You know that you won't go longer than 9 months & you know what to expect. With adoption it goes on and on, and is in many ways much more challenging.
Can I just brag for a moment about my wonderful mother? She has become such an advocate of adoption that she began an adoption ministry at my church I grew up in and love to pieces, Lakeside Community Chapel.  This Sunday they are having a fundraiser at the church to bring in funding for other families adopting. She has such a heart for adoption and it's spreading among families and it is truly an encouragement to my heart.
I would really appreciate your prayers these next few weeks. I want to not be consumed by this sadness and longing to bring our daughter home & not worry about all the details coming together. Each day is a gift & it's all orchestrated in God's timing, but it's just so hard to picture my daughter without me day after day - I really miss my girl. She belongs with us at home. Also please keep other families we traveled with in your prayers, some are returning home, others leave this week & then there are others who are waiting like us. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS INVESTED IN THIS - YOUR SUPPORT IS HUGE.

1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful to hear how your mom has embraced a passion for adoption. It's exciting to think of how many more lives will be touched through that ministry!

    I've had your exact same thoughts about pregnancy vs. adoption. Since I've never been pregnant, I know I can't relate to the hardships that go along with it, but I've often thought the fact that the wait is confined to 9 months is definitely a plus!

    Nancy Leigh DeMoss has said several times lately that anything that causes us to recognize our need for Christ is a blessing. So just think of how blessed we are right now!!! =D

    ReplyDelete