Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A very special letter

A few years ago when I was experiencing sorrow due my miscarriages I was having a really hard time dealing with my grief. I wanted to move forward, but was so focused on the pain. My loving mother wrote me a letter from the perspective of my child/children who had died and gone to heaven. It's a personal letter , but each time I read it I cry and it reminds me of God's faithfulness & if it can encourage one person than it's worth sharing.

Dear Mommy,
If I could write you I would, but that isn't really possible to do from heaven. I want to thank you for giving your body for me as my life began because God put you and daddy together, and then made me! I was so warm and safe inside of you as I began to grow bigger and stronger each day. Then in a moment, I was suddenly in the MOST amazing and beautiful place, face to face with my Creator. Things which ear has not heard and eyes on earth have not seen all that God has prepared for those that love Him! I know you wanted to hold and cuddle me, and I know that you are sad because we were separated so early in life (and the lives of my siblings), but mommy I am whole and well and have never suffered sickness, or sorrow, or pain, or any tears. I have been busy serving and worshiping my Creator, and though we are apart for a few years on earth time, we will be together for ALL of eternity. So please mommy, don't sorrow as those who have no hope. Did you know that the psalmist said 116:15 "precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His godly ones?" My welcome home was amazing and precious to my Heavenly Father. So please mommy, don't sorrow as those who have no hope. Rejoice with me that I am safe and you never have to worry that I would have rejected Jesus, or that I would have suffered terribly on earth due to the result of sin or sickness.
I can't wait to be with you and daddy. But in the mean time, anything you might have to endure on earth is so worth it, if you could only know how wonderful heaven is! I'm sorry you have suffered because of missing me, but I know this amazing Gd I am serving can comfort you and bring you through anything.

Did I tell you that I love having cousins here too? We are all eager for our big family reunion one day. I heard I am to have more cousins, so please pray for their safety like you prayed for mine. God did answer your prayers, even though I know it wasn't how you were thinking. Believe me mommy, the one who died for you and suffered for you knows you perfectly and loves you perfectly. This amazing Savior can be trusted and not me or anyone can be more important in your life then Him. Can't wait to see you face to face! I hear time flies by on earth, so I guess it won't be that long. Here in heaven there really is no sense of time, it is just always perfect and glorious! So don't give up trying to be like Jesus on earth, it will be worth everything when you get here!
Your Beloved Children

This was and is a perfect example of my mom knowing exactly what I needed to hear to try to heal this incredible loss of four children. Love you mom.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, Sarah, I just sent it to someone that I thought might find it to be encouraging. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete