Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weekend Whereabouts...

It's been a three day weekend for me with Joe taking Friday off to be together - I love that! We began Friday by going to Woodfield Mall, and if you get there an hour before anything is open the playground is actually not crawling with kids. The best part? My iced white chocolate mocha from starbucks, which I have not drinken for a good couple of months.
I saw the funniest shirt at Urban Outfitters with a picture of a pug on it & it said "Pugs, Not Drugs" , not sure if it's due to my love of the pug dog or the picture of a pug, but I laughed out loud in the store & I'm sure worried the other shoppers.
We got home just in time to avoid the snow that came all afternoon & relaxed as a family. I had to get my rest because Saturday morning bright and early I had a plan.
Ace Hardware was giving away free quarts of paint to the first 40 people who asked and I was not about to let that slip by. I entered at 8:01 & would you believe I wasn't the first person there? I had three old ladies beat me...oh well. Funniest part is when one of them was trying to correct the guy making the paint (who was also on the older side) and he told her "I'd work better if you weren't hanging over my shoulder" - ha!  She then turned to me for a chat. I think I bored her with my exciting color choice - pale grey. (Man my taste has changed through the years!)
I rushed home and then went to get my hair cut, which is always something I look forward to. Joe was supposed to be there to pick me up after the appointment, but he had gone to the store so I just figured I'd start walking. In my boots. In 33 degree weather. No hat or gloves, and I ended up with tears streaming down my face due to the cold - after what seemed like a mile Joe arrived and I calmly and politely let him know my feelings about the matter. We went back to the store, found Blake some new shoes (girl shoes are WAY cuter) and we headed back home. Missing Iris reminder, check.
I had to go back out though because we were very low on wipes and Blakes poor butt cheeks don't deserve that, so off I went to Target.
Finally got home & it was time to relax. But wait, I have all this paint, I can't relax with paint around. I painted my bathroom vanity (again...), a cute thrift store bench & just to top it off my end tables in the living room. It's a good thing I liked the color!
Now I'm feeling worn out. Wonder why...

No comments:

Post a Comment