Saturday, March 17, 2012

A special reunion

We had the unique opportunity to get together with Joe & Melissa Griffin who we met while in Ethiopia. They live in North Carolina but were visiting familiy in Indiana & so we met in the middle at California Pizza Kitchen @ Oakbrook Terrace. What a wonderful reminder of our trip, an encouragement to be with them, and a gift from the Lord to reconnect while we wait to get our girls (they are adopting a beautiful little baby girl as well).
I wanted to tell people we passed along the way "do you realize how we know each other? We met across the other side of the world while we were meeting our children in Ethiopia"...I was thinking what a bond I feel to the other families who we met while on our trip. You go through this life changing experience that is so unique & to meet other families who know exactly what it feels like - there are really no words to describe it. I'm so thankful for the friendships I have through our trip to Ethiopia...
What a blessing it would be for us to be there at the same time again for the second trip.
Melissa, Joe & Joe, Blake & I ...not my best holding position for Blake :)
Let's hope for some good news this week...or next week...or the next week...Lord please let her be home before Mother's day.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! How fun that you guys got to hang out - I'm jealous =) Hopefully we can see each other again soon in another place...Ethiopia that is =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, Joseph and I had such a great time with you and Joe. I'm so glad it worked out! Alicia, it would have been even better if you and Dawson had been there. =)

    ReplyDelete