Thursday, August 30, 2012

Serenity Now!

Well, what started out as a tiring morning (hello, Iris, it's 6am & not time to hear from you yet) became a very long and tiring day.
I won't bore you with the details but let's say I've had better. Took the kids for a walk as usual and Blake somehow injured his feet. The boy who loves to run and climb outside stood there crying and helpless and I felt more helpless b/c I had no idea what was wrong.
The lawn men were out which always sends Iris into panic mode, must be the noise level - she throws down everything (doll & drink) and just screams until I'm holding her. It's really kind of sad.

The kids are both sick and after talking to my mom I felt a bit of a nudge to take them to the dr. before the long weekend is here. We were gone for almost 3 hours & the kids both have wheezing in their chest that the dr. thinks the nebulizer will help. Finally we got our own! It was delivered tonight (how's that for service?) and I ran and got the medicine @ our "scary" walmart (much scarier than the one I love on Randall rd).

Blake freaked out when he realized where we were, before we even stepped foot in the building he was sobbing. After a couple minutes though he calmed down and pulled it together. Iris was a champ as always and even after a nebulizer treatment acted sweet. Guess their weight!
(Blake is 29 lbs & Iris 27 lbs.)
One embarassment? Her gas. That girl could be mistaken for a frat boy some days....between the burps & farts it's funny that it is coming from her little body. I'm always trying to tell people, no , that really was her!
Anyway, they are fast asleep now and I'm hoping I get more rest tomorrow during naptime than the hour that I got today (it's true I shouldn't complain about an hour, but compared to two or three I feel robbed).

On top of that my permanent retainer I've had for atleast 10 years broke off last night in the middle and Joe ended up using pliers to remove it. He aimed a bit close to my teeth & removed not only the metal piece but also the glue that attatched it to my tooth. I really hope it didn't do any damage . I have to wait till next saturday to find out.

Well, I guess I did bore you with details - sorry about that! I had to ramble on to someone. On a bright note, I enjoyed Mitt Romney's speech & thought he did an excellent job, as did Paul Ryan, Ann Romney & Condoleeza Rice earlier this week. Okay, I need some rest very soon. If I could only get Joe better this place would be much happier. He's been suffering on and off with a bad cough (he thinks Bronchitis) for months now...He'll do better for a few days and then it's back in full swing. He's on a steroid now in desperation to help and it would help me for him to stop taking it b/c it's kind of like he's on a man period.
Okay, it's getting late - better stop talking now before I get myself into trouble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment