Monday, August 27, 2012

Day to day

Here's where I spend my days. Literally. This is my entire living room space. It only looks like this at night & naptime as toys and trucks fill the floor. As soon as Blake wakes up he takes out every truck he has and lines them up on every piece of furniture. Iris has her dolls & stuffed animals everywhere & although it drives me nuts because I love a clean space there is a beauty to it. I can recall many years of wanting to have laughter, children noise & craziness in the house. It was so quiet. Now the quiet is short lived and that's fine with me.

To be honest, it's still quite an adjustment. I think if Blake were a few years older maybe it wouldn't feel quite so overwhelming or I wouldn't get the twin question each time I'm in public...but one day it will be fun for them to play and be so close in age.
Having our future in limbo stage right now has its challenges, but I remain intent on being content and realizing we have no control over any of it. I'm hopeful to get down to Florida this year (this fall would be ideal!) but only time will tell.

Joe and I decided to flip flop the bill keeper position and it's going to be my responsibility now. The last time I was in charge of paying bills it was a lot simpler as a single woman sharing an apartment with a friend. I'm determined to do it though & do it well and would love any feedback on what works well for others.

Well, that's about all that's going on here, nothing very exciting...just taking every day a step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment