Monday, August 6, 2012

My mom arrives on Thursday. It's been 3 months and that's about as long we can stand to be apart. She needs to see the kids & I need her! So this week I will be busy getting ready for her arrival. I love getting everything in order & organized for a house guest ...especially my mom.
I've made a few changes in the living room (shocking!) and am so pleased with the results. After lowering the mirror I got the Ikea lack tables for 7.99  and couldn't be happier. I kind of hated my side tables that were nightstands from Target. I've painted them so many times they looked ragged and tired. Plus they were kind of bulky.
So, much to the chagrin of Joe, out with the old! I'm the opposite of a hoarder, I love to get rid of things and don't keep them nearly as long as I should :)  Along with the new side tables I found a great new old floor lamp at Goodwill the other week, moved a few things around and it feels like a new room.
Am I the only one who loves to change things around? I could do this on a monthly basis. Wait till I'm in a house that I can rearrange furniture...I'll be dangerous then!
Blake has been healthy now for a couple of weeks and I'm loving it. I think cutting out the dairy was a great idea to try and stop the ear infections. I've also kept him pretty limited with contact to the outside world, which will soon be done. I'm pretty tired of not going to church as a family. Pretty soon sweet little Iris is going to have to experience the whole church scene, been putting it off for a while because I KNOW it will be a disaster. The longer we wait though, the worse it will be I'm sure.
Favorite thing Blake does lately: Laugh like crazy, kisses me, hugs me & says hi to every car that passes by.
Favorite thing Iris does lately: comes running into my arms with a kiss, loves to hug and kiss Blake & dances to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment