Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An expensive lesson

I was driving home from a wonderful time at Sara Jone's today, talking on the phone & not paying attention to the speed limit....bad combo!
It's been quite a few years since I've been pulled over for speeding, actually has only happened once before I met Joe, but my "lucky" streak has ended. As soon as I saw the blinkers behind me I thought oh, they are going after someone else . Then I looked at my spedometer and realized nope, it's me.

Thinking I was on 59 instead of Barrington road I was driving 55 in a 40 mph zone. Oops. Now I've been told a thousand times by Joe I have a lead foot and to slow down. Do I listen to this wise man? No.
Thankfully it was a nice lady and she said "where are you headed in such a rush?"...I said home & that I was talking to my grandma on the phone and didn't realize how fast I was going. The saddest part was that she told me that she wanted to give me the benefit of the doubt and had been following me for a while. This was even sadder because usually I have my radar on and notice any cop cars and come to a much needed slower speed. It's also sad because since it was 15 over she wasn't going to think about me getting by with a warning. If I had only been doing 10 over perhaps it would have gone differently :)
$120.00 Later I learned my lesson. Slow down. It's painful to think of what I could buy with that money. It was really fun calling Joe and telling him. Atleast I held it together and didn't cry till I pulled away. That's progress. Oh and my poor grandma had to hear me say crap. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, Sarah! It is the worst feeling to see those lights flashing in your rearview mirror! :P

    ReplyDelete