Thursday, August 23, 2012

You is kind, you is smart, you is important

Iris: This girl blows me away some days. We are still working on behavior issues, but when she's sweet - she's sweet.
Each night before they go to bed and we are getting them dressed after bathtime Iris usually finishes first. She used to grab her bottle I'd have waiting next to Blake's drink and come sit on her little pink chair and patiently sit while we finished getting Blake dressed. Now she grabs Blake's drink and brings it to him. Then goes back to the living room and takes her bottle. How many one year old's are that thoughtful without being asked? (or even being asked for that matter!)

When she sees a dirty diaper that needs to get thrown she does it half the time without being asked. If I'm cleaning up toys she'll try to help. This morning on our way out she had taken off her head wrap in a different room and I said Iris, too bad you took off your headband, it looked so cute. She left and came back out in a few seconds with it in on her head. Unbelievable!

Most days when I get her up from her nap she's already awake, just laying there waiting quietly to get picked up (not the story with Blake!)

She gives Blake toys even when she wants them, she gives him kisses when I say to be sweet & even when she's upset she comes running for a hug or kiss. I'm truly blessed!

1 comment: