Saturday, August 25, 2012

I may enter my favorite thrift store a bit too much. Today when the cashier saw me she said "you again, shopaholic." In all fairness the place has been shut down for a couple weeks and I've been going through withdrawal. I stopped in Wed & saw some cute horse book ends & walked away without them.
Went back today to get them & found a few other great finds: 2 cute frames that are hideous now but once painted white they'll look great....a crate & barrel ornament for Christmas (1$), a small silver vintage tray (1$) & this super cool artichoke looking object (I splurged with 7$). Sounds wierd I know, but I've seen the same ones @ TJ Maxx and HomeGoods for much more and it has a great little architectural interest.
Of course this is an early b-day present to myself because I have no excuse to spend anything, especially after my speeding ticket last week! My mom and dad always send money for my birthday and I've chosen this year to spend the majority of it before I even recieve the check :)
I couldn't wait & already sprayed my bookends gray (rustoleum has the best dark grey color - love it!) and I'm debating on what color for my artichoke little object (white?grey? sunny yellow?)

Anyone else out there love thrifting or am I the only crazy one? The hunt is almost as fun as finding that perfect little treasure...

1 comment:

  1. I have been loving goodwill lately and some local kids consignment shops. Joe is less loving of all my "finds" but I just Love finding good deals and random things I know I could never find elsewhere. I'm with you! :)

    ReplyDelete