Friday, January 13, 2012

When you're in love my how time flies

It was 15 months ago today that Blake was born. I remember exactly how it felt to be in labor, wanting so badly to meet this boy who had made it 9 months in my womb. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to hold this person who I had dreamed up for so many years. Well, as wonderful as it was and continues to be, I am amazed at how hard it is to be a mom! I think when you struggle with fertility you only think about the positive things and all the day to day struggles don't feel as real until you begin to face them.

Blake has been a great baby and has spoiled me in many ways, but now we are entering into a new phase...the training phase which requires lots of time, effort, and discipline. More than ever I see a need to be in the Word so that I can be a wise mom who raises my child to love and obey Jesus.  I only have a matter of weeks left until the dynamic changes and there is another baby home, so I really need to enjoy this time alone with blake & make the most of it.

Life has changed so much these last 15 months, but I have loved it & continue to be grateful for the miracle of this life.
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." - Prov. 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment