Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just Wait...

Adoption = Waiting. I know this because every step of this adoption process has been hurry up and wait. Get the homestudy done, wait. Get the dossier done, wait. Get the referral, wait. Travel and meet your precious child, then wait. I'm not a patient person & this last part of the waiting process feels like forever. On Monday it will be 4 weeks since court. If I knew it would be only 4 more till we were back in Ethiopia that would probably help. However, I don't have that assurance since it seems everything goes slowly we can only hope that it will be that quickly.
I think about my daughter waiting for me, she doesn't even know who I am and that I've been waiting for years to have her here in our home, in our arms.
It is a LONG process for international adoption and worth it completely, but in this final stage when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I feel like it's never going to end.
Atleast now I can look at her pictures and have the sweet memories with her but I'd give anything to turn those memories into reality once again and be there taking care of her.
Hoping and praying these next few weeks go by quickly and once again I find myself on a plane to Addis Ababa, exhausted and thrilled all at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you too! Still praying we can all return together for our children. 4 weeks down... Hopefully not many more to wait!
    Angie Baxter

    ReplyDelete