Thursday, May 10, 2012

That's progress for ya

Each day is getting a bit better. Blake is finally feeling somewhat normal & Iris gets sweeter each day. They are adjusting to each other for short moments at a time and I'm feeling a bit more resolved to handle two one year olds.
To think just two weeks tomorrow we arrived in the US with her it's amazing to see how far she's come. When I arrive back home next week I'll try finding some time to post new pics.
That first week back will be crazy with pediatrician appointments, post placement visit (required for our state within 30 days) and the ever pressing hair cut....along with getting Iris and Blake used to sharing a very small room.
It's nice to actually look forward to mother's day after so many years of dreading that day. I realize now it's not quite as glamorous as I pictured, but God has been good and our familiy is finally complete. It's a  blessing to share the day with my mom, grandma, sister and sister (in law.)

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that Blake is recovering and that he and Iris are getting used to one another. Hope you have a truly blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete