Saturday, May 19, 2012

The new norm

Terrified. Scared. Overwhelmed. Just a bit of how I'm feeling with my mom leaving today and I'm left to begin the new norm of our family. Even with Iris being with us for a few weeks, I've had the help of family up to this point. Today that changes. No more help getting the diaper bag packed, help getting the two in the car, help changing diapers, getting one up from nap time, a hand with laundry or dinner or snack time, or errands and dr. appointments.
The hardest part is having my mom leave after a week of enjoying her company. Being alone so much of the time is something I struggle with, feeling consumed with all the work of two one year olds is scary enough & I just long to be close my family.
The wonderful part of this goodbye is that God willing it will be shortlived. We are praying and working towards a moving date of July 2012. That is only weeks away. Soon we should get news on our home selling. Soon we should have word about Joe working in Florida. The wheels are in motion and we couldn't be more excited to start our life in Florida.
There is so much work to do packing up our tiny little condo, figuring out the logistics of moving across the country but we know God is in control and I'm so thankful He is answering our prayers and directing our steps to where our hearts desire to be.

When I said "My foot is slipping,"
Your love , O Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
Your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Ps 94:18-19

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Sarah! I was thinking about you yesterday - I hope we can talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope that the Lord will allow you to be close to your family again soon, Sarah. It is very difficult to live in a place where you feel so far away from loving community; I can relate! I will be praying for you as you wait to see what God will do!

    ReplyDelete