Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bedroom stress (with the babies!)

Just replace this with a pic of Blake or Iris and it couldn't be more true. Lately Blake has decided he likes to wake up around 5:30am. Now ordinarily I would just ignore him till he fell back to sleep. However, with Iris needing her sleep I try to keep the peace and grab him so she won't be disturbed. We are going on a few days of this and it must stop.
Sometimes they are in the same room. Other times she is sleeping in the pack n play in our closet. The problem is she has developed a bit of a cough (only when she sleeps) and she wakes me up with it. For example last night from 3-4 am we were awake hearing her, hoping it would stop soon.
So if I put them in the same room she might wake him with a cough or in the morning he wakes her up ...then I have two crying children to deal with before 6am (she sleeps till 8 usually, he used to sleep till 7am). I'm guessing I should just go to "war" with them, let them both know it is not time to get up & hope that after a few days it will stop.
Nap time is still separate, but we miss our sleep and getting to be in our room in the evening. Silly I know, but nevertheless this stuff is consuming my life!
Not sure what to do about her cough, she was just at the doctor and seemed fine. I need to take her for bloodwork and Blake back to the doctor to see if his ear infection has cleared up. I dread this kind of stuff. Can't stand it.
Okay, that's enough rambling for a sunday evening. On a bright note Joe got me a frap from starbucks that was cookie crumble and tasted amazing. Ahh, the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment