Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random Happenings

It is crazy what a walk will do to clear your head. It made me feel so good to get out for 30 min tonight, listen to my shuffle & get lost in my thoughts. Love that.
We had a meal brought over tonight so I didn't have to make dinner, what an incredible treat!
Drove an hour roundtrip to the pediatrician to find out Iris doesn't have tb. Whew.
Joe turns 40 on Saturday, crazy. I remember being at my dad's 40th birthday. That was 19 years ago.
One good thing about being this busy is that I'm forced each morning to be reading God's word, it's the only way I can function each day.

The adjustment is still just that. An adjustment. that is taking a toll. I could have sworn I saw a few gray hairs, but I'll continue to believe they are light blonde. I think the last few days have been tough on Iris with my mom gone, she had been there from the start of her return to the U.S. & it's just one person that has left so there's been a  bit more insecurity.

However, I see lots of improvement too. She calls me mama more than Blake does. She LOVES her daddy and lights up at the sight of him (who doesn't?) Blake geniunely seems to like her which is nice at this point. Today I brought them to the playground where we live and when Joe came walking up Blake went running towards him. We thought it was so sweet until they got close enough to hug and Blake went the other way. Hmmm, still gotta work on that whole "run into your arms" thing.

I got to catch a new Nate Berkus today. Whenever that happens it's a pretty good day, I can't lie. Better run...my bed time is approaching, I'm such an old lady. Oh and I'm kind of looking forward to grocery shopping for some alone time soon. Yes I'm old and pathetic :)

3 comments:

  1. You aren't old and pathetic :) :)
    Its just amazing how things (or everything) changes when kids enter the picture. We miss you guys and praying for you in this transition stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know I have tons of gray hair - so I kind of hope you found a few =) I"m glad you got some quiet time alone, that is so precious and amazing how refreshing it is. Also glad it is calming down some - or you're just getting used to the crazy and thats ok too! Think of you lots.

    ReplyDelete