Friday, May 4, 2012

A new day

Today was better with Iris. It was Blake that caused the drama. At 1:30am I awoke to his cries which is crazy unusual b/c even when he's really sick the boy sleeps through the night. Two nights ago he did the same thing and we ended up putting him to bed with us.
I didn't want to deal with it though for the second night in a row and thought he just wanted to be held instead of sleeping. After an hour of thinking it was a discipline issue (oops!)it was apparent that something was not right. We tried to comfort him and by 3am he was inconsolable. The screaming and crying continued, Joe even took him for a drive close to 4am to try and lull him to sleep, but nothing seemed to help. Thankfully Iris was a trooper, she awoke once but went right back to sleep.
At 5:30am we decided to take him to an ER type facility only to find out it is only open in the middle of the night. By 7am we had found another place and heard from the doctor what we thought was the case, which was a bad ear infection causing him tons of pain. His play time in the pool that morning didn't help!
Getting home around 8:30 Iris has just woken, full of smiles ...we got Blake his meds by 10am and the rest of the day improved. I was hoping it would be a better day with Iris with a few less tears and God was merciful to answer my prayers. She was overall much sweeter and happier and I felt so relieved.
They both took great naps & I am hoping with the pain med and antiobiotics that Blake makes it most of the night.
We decided to venture to the mall late afternoon and walk around for a little while which turned out to be somewhat therapeutic. Just feeling like a family and being out the four of us was fun , already got the twin question within minutes, gotta love it.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, twins, I hadn't even thought about that! I guess you probably will get that question a lot. =)

    So sorry to hear about Blake's ordeal, but hope that he is back to his usual self soon. I'm glad to hear that at least Iris had a slightly better day on Blake's bad day. Hoping you'll have doubly good days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that middle of the night stuff is the worst! I wonder why those aches and pains don't come out at say 10 a.m. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear all this and I hope you are able to get into a rhythm and sick free soon.
    ~AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete