Thursday, April 5, 2012

My thoughts exactly

My heart truly is in Ethiopia right now. I miss my daughter so much it hurts. I feel like I've been saying "we'll hopefully get her home in just a few weeks" for months. Getting through this last week felt like a month.
I've got a busy weekend planned so hoping that makes it go faster, but then there's all of next week to endure. Last night I was looking through some early pictures we recieved of Iris and the difference is crazy in how much she's grown & how little she was when we got the referral. I know this is what adoption is when you are dealing with international delays, but that doesn't make it easier to go months with a part of me missing.
I find myself shopping to relieve my mind of sadness, which only makes things worse cause I want to buy things to feel better. Thank goodness for pinterest :)
The crazy thing is with all the time on my hands I've had waiting I still feel completely lost with what to pack. I don't know what kind of food to bring with, (what they gave her when I was there was unrecognizable) exactly what kind of clothes or small toys I should bring, any thoughts from those who have already done this would be great, she's 13 months old & it's a tricky eating stage in my mind. I just don't want to overpack but I don't want to be there and need something and have no way of bringing it. Don't even get me started on that flight home, I shudder just thinking about it!

Even Joe is stressed and he NEVER stresses, there's so much life changing stuff about to happen and it's exciting but scary too. I was overwhelmed when Blake was born and now to add another baby who is only 5 months younger than him is just kind of crazy...I can't wait to have those kinds of problems though instead of missing her problems.
Does anyone else in this predicament dream about the Embassy appt? I do, I make up all kinds of images of what it will be like, getting her finally - it will be so nice to move into the next phase of adjustment. (In my dream I am asked what makes me different than all the other white mothers wanting to adopt, seriously....)
Well, that's my rambling for now, feels like my entire world is wrapped up with adoption...waiting impatiently for that precious email on the 16th that feels like the weight of the world.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah. I'll email you later with a few suggestions. The Embassy appointment was like going to a bank window:). It took less than one minute. For us, the whole experience of the second trip was like a dream. It still hasn't sunk in yet. Our life with 2 toddlers and 2 teenagers is very chaotic right now. But we are blessed to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you all the time, I know it has to be crazy, but whenever time allows would love to know your thoughts on EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - I can't imagine the wait you've had. It's been so long! Iris is so blessed to have you and Joe as her parents, and Blake as her big bro! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sarah. I can totally relate to your frustration and everything that you've shared here. You've pretty much exactly described the way I've felt for the last month! I know our circumstances have been trying, but God is faithful, and He will continue to sanctify us and glorify Himself through every event whether good or bad in our eyes. You may not be able to see it now, but He is accomplishing great things in your life through this trial of waiting!

    On the food question, Joseph and I ordered a couple different kinds of Happy Baby organic baby food in squeezable pouches. We thought the pouches would be ideal for traveling with and we thought a couple different flavors would be a good idea in case Evangelle doesn't like one of them. You can check them out at Amazon: http://amzn.to/HwCdve

    I'm praying for you, my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete