Monday, April 16, 2012

CLEARED TO TRAVEL

I could hardly sleep last night. At 12:30 I woke up and thought do I have the email waiting for me? I checked and no, nothing. I laid back in bed for a good hour just thinking of all the possibilities...Then at 5am I woke up again and checked and to my pure delight there it was. Our clearance email. It FINALLY has happened, we are cleared to travel and our appointment with the Embassy is Tuesday, April 24th. A week from today we'll be getting custody of our girl, can hardly wait.
We will leave for Florida on Wed. afternoon and then Fri fly to DC in order to be there for the Saturday morning flight to Addis.
We arrive on Sunday, get Iris on Monday, Embassy appointment Tuesday, and fly home Thurs. We'll arrive back in Tampa on Friday with our precious Iris.
THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying with us, we need your prayers now more than ever as we set out to get her and all the challenges that await us.
Joe has been sick all weekend and is not improving. Please pray he'd recover before we start this trip out.

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! So happy for you guys!! If you have any questions about the 2nd trip, email me. Can't wait for all of you to finally be together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!!!! So excited!!! Praise the Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahooo!!!!! I hope Melissa and Joseph saw this before they got on the plane this morning! We have been praying for you! so happy to hear your good news! - Niki Parsons (Melissa's sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I'm so happy for you, Joe, Blake and Iris to finally be together as a family!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to meet the newest little Cotton!! It's finally happening! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete