Saturday, April 14, 2012

Anticipation

Well, I've been waiting three years for Monday's news to get here. Or rather five years...maybe 32 years? Although Blake is my first born son, Iris has been planned for , worked towards, and thought of years before he was living.  She is the one we have been dreaming of and the accumulation in a way of all the children we have lost before her. It is her little life that has been precious to so many.
Her sweet soul that people have prayed for, sacrificed financially, and been interested in for the last three years. To hold her in my arms back in December and leave her a world away has been pain beyond words.
Sometimes it feels like a dream, could we truly get that email on Monday and be on a plane the next week to pick her up? I sure hope so. I really don't know how much longer I can take before I'd just make my way over to Ethiopia and live somewhere in a guest house with my daughter. The thought has occured to me!
Hopefully the Embassy will finally have corrected our email so we get it on Monday. The CWA office in Ethiopia is closed for their Easter that day so if they still have the wrong email I don't think we'd get the news till Tuesday.
I am not sure how I will even sleep on Sunday night. Please God , please.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah,
    I just had a little energy to peek at some blogs...Monday...I will be praying for you - that you get the good news. I want to talk to you sometime here soon - just give me a few days! Thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I have been thinking of this day and pleading with God to cause this interview to happen and result in the approval of your case. I want so badly to hear the news that you and Joe are on your way to bring Iris home. I am praying that God will quiet your heart and grant you rest and strength this weekend.

    "In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." (Ps. 4:8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Melissa & Alicia...look forward to talking to both of you soon all about your trips!
    Alicia, thank you for the clothes, we got them and it was such a Godsend, you are so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete