Saturday, February 25, 2012

Weekend Whereabouts...

This is the first time in two weeks that we have been healthy enough to enjoy the weekend...adoption stress looms over me each weekend, but I'm trying my best to not let it sour my mood. Last weekend we were worried about the USCIS case #, but it ended up being a non issue b/c the police report error. The weekend before that we were waiting on a fixed birth certificate after an error. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment each Tuesday, so I set out to enjoy the day.
We had a gift card from Visa (Joe's work) so we enjoyed a delicious lunch @ Egg Harbor. This will be the one restuarant I'll miss when we God willing move to Florida. I love this place. We visited a few resale shops & I found an expensive shirt for Blake that cost 80 cents, but it was cute so I splurged.  :)
Then after we came home for Blake to nap I ran to the thrift store down the street to see what I could find to paint. During these long winter months I find that painting anything white cheers me. Can't explain it, but it works.
I found a cute little 7 dollar table that was hideous but once it's got a little tlc it will be perfection. My excuse to buy it was a craft table for Blake that he desperately needs. Joe bought it so I'm good.
Had to use up my 99 cent coupon @ Dunkin Doughnuts for an iced coffee & I have to say I kind of like mine better. That is, thanks to International Delight and their amazing creamers. (Please bring back white chocolate raspberry, I beg of you)
Joe put together our crib for Iris ...day 4 and finally success, it's done. Putting two cribs in a tiny den was a bit of a puzzle, but we made it work. Now Blake gets to wonder why in the world he's sharing his space with an empty crib - we hope that's not the case for long.
Happy weekend to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I tried the white chocolate raspberry bc it was being clearanced out at the store and I Love it!! They better bring it back at Xmas. Miss seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete