Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cuts like a Knife

What we thought would be a great day today ended up being a huge disappointment. We are still waiting on a case # that USCIS never sent with our I-171H & due to the holiday we were not able to get it yesterday in time to be submitted today to the Embassy. Each week that passes and we are not submitted is such a painful reminder that we are separated from Iris & to have such a last minute thing that seemed avoidable end up causing more delay is a big letdown.
Please pray for us to not be discouraged but to trust God's timing in all of this. Of course there are no accidents with Him and I have to think on what is true and not focus on the what if's. Hopefully next Tuesday will be our big day & this week will be saturated with prayer and trust in the Lord.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this Sarah! I'll be praying for your family this week, extra hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! I'm so sorry Sarah. I will be praying that you are for sure submitted next week and that there are NO MORE DELAYS...but I guess we are all learning that with an adoption the only thing we can count on is knowing that God is in control and is holding us in His mighty hand. We can trust that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, Sarah! I know how hard this is, and I will be praying that God will comfort and sustain you and Joe. Soon we will all have our little ones home and this wait will fade into memory! I'm looking forward to that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I'm so sorry Sarah! Throughout this journey it's been those silly little things that appear to hold us up, but God has a purpose for each one of those things, even if we can't comprehend it. Praying blessings and encouragement your way today and always :)

    ReplyDelete