Saturday, July 28, 2012

Iris has been home three months, soon she'll be with us longer than Acacia Village in Ethiopia. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel at a loss with what to say when people compliment their adopted child on how cute they are. I don't feel like I can take credit of course for her looks, and I always just say thanks, but sometimes it seems wierd to say it when it has nothing to do with me.

Joe and I caught a few minutes of a new tv show on Oxygen called "I'm having their baby" and it's all about adoption. They used Bethany as the agency with one story & although it was interesting I didn't think they painted the best picture of the beauty of adoption. It made me come away thinking how relieved I was in doing International adoption after you see what can happen on the domestic front.

I'm so glad Iris came to us the way she did. It was so completely out of our hands & most days I just look at her thinking what a miracle this life is in our lives. The days are challenging with her behavior, but there is such as sweet little girl in there who is slowly but surely emerging a little more each day. It's a joy to see her come out of her shell of being scared to having fun and feeling secure. Then there are those moments where Blake gives her a kiss and my heart just melts. Those moments are much sweeter than when Iris bites Blake (help - she just started doing this!)

Each day is an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about being uncomfortable and unsure about what to say in response to compliments. When people comment on Evangelle being beautiful, I've started telling her, "Say, thank you!" That way, I feel like I'm being polite without responding to the comment myself. =)

    ReplyDelete