Thursday, July 19, 2012

Never Forget

As I struggle with my days of training Blake and Iris I try to remind myself this was not always my life! I don't ever want to forget how long it took to get to this place. I daily try to remind myself of the years that I longed for a baby and only felt sadness and heartbreak.
When women complained or talked about how hard life was with little ones I had no sympathy...I remember thinking I will never utter a word of grumbling, if only I was a mom. The Lord has been faithful to me, but I have not always been grateful like I should be!
I think it's easy once you have a baby or two to forget the pain and loss you once felt. The days turn into months and before you know it, infertility or miscarriage feels like a previous life. I don't want my heart hardened though torwards a world of hurting women because that was me not long ago.

It's almost 3 months that Iris has been home with us from Ethiopia. Felt like a mountain climbed going through the process and all there was to do, but I'm so glad we did it. Ladies, I know pregnancy sometimes feels like the first choice, but it doesn't need to be that way. There are million of babies out there that need the love of a mother and father and so if you really want to be a mom, maybe the Lord has something different for you, an amazing road to lead you into motherhood that you may not have ever planned for.

Blake is 21 months old and each time I look at him I'm reminded of my doctor appointments that I went in thinking will he be alive? He always was. I'm astounded that God gave me a son. I didn't deserve him or Iris, and yet they are gifts from him. The Lord doesn't always do things in the timing or way we'd see fit ...but if He did then I would not have the family that I do. I'd be missing out and I would not even know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment