Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flint: Here we come

Tomorrow morning we leave for Flint, Michigan. This will be the first time Iris meets her Cotton side of the family & we are so excited to snap some special photos for her to treasure with her grandma and grandpa & Aunt Melissa. It's also been over a year since they've seen Blake so our visit is long overdue.

There is so much to think through with packing and bringing all that we need. Hoping that the 6 hour plus car ride isn't too unbearable, especially with the overwhelming heat. Staying in a hotel will be a first time experience for Blake and Iris and hopefully this will be a fun adventure for them & I'll turn into a fly by the seat of my pants sort of girl who doesn't get stressed about anything.
(How will we sleep in one room? Where will we keep cold drinks like their juice in the hotel room? How will they behave? Will they cry for hours in the car? What if my car breaks down?....no, these questions simply don't cross my mind!)

Today I finally got the bloodwork done for Iris that I've been putting off since arriving back in the US with her. She was such a champ! The girl didn't scream when they stuck her and actually watched for a few seconds until she realized that it really did hurt and then the tears came. Still, I was quite impressed and glad to have it over. Can't say I'm super excited about the poop samples, but hey, I know lots of moms have done it so I won't complain.

Hope it's a fabulous weekend for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment