Thursday, June 14, 2012

What a week

Today began at 3:45am. I laid in bed waiting for Blake to cry out in pain, unable to fall back to sleep. That cry came at 4:50am. He slept with me for another 30 minutes and then the whiny cry that means he is in pain began at 5:30am. I thought when he woke up at 6:30 life was rough, but this whole 5am business is just unbearable at times!  (If he weren't sick I'd not rush in there to rescue him)
Last night at least he didn't wake up at all, my heart just stops when I hear him cry at 10ish...there's the added pressure he doesn't wake Iris up who is sleeping just steps away from him.
All day he has been in pain and this is day 4 of antibiotics / ear drops / tylenol...we were recommended to cut dairy and get him adjusted with a pediatric chiro. I'm leaning towards the whole E&T tube route just to avoid his chronic ear infection situation. Any suggestions? This is his 4th ear infection within a couple months.
It's a struggle to have joy in the midst of these days when I hate to see my son suffer, neglect Iris at times because Blake is clingy and needs extra TLC...makes you appreciate the healthy days so much!

We found out Joe didn't get the transfer with CDW, which would have been a paycut, but security to get down to Florida. He is looking into various opportunities, but it's just another area of my life I have to give over to the Lord and trust His timing to be better than mine.

The process of selling our place has been a nightmare and Joe got his Donald Trump hat on and told our guy "you're fired" so we meet with a new realtor lady on Sunday (happy father's day Joe) to begin this whole process over again. Hopefully it will go much smoother next time.

"Only glorify thyself in me whether in comfort or trial" - Valley of Vision

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I haven't had to deal with the issue of ear infections yet, but I was wondering if you have Blake on probiotics of any kind? I understand that they are supposed to help with preventing ear infections as well as helping build up the "good" bacteria while children are on antibiotics. Evangelle has been taking this kind since we returned home from Ethiopia: http://bit.ly/MLRlYu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, God Bless you. Having a sick child is the worst, especially with ear pain. That hurts! Luckily all of my kiddos weren't ear infection-kids, but I know lots of kids who have had tubes with no issues. Ellie is still fighting with fluid in her ear since we've been home.

    I'll be praying for your place to sell and that something comes through for Joe. God always has the perfect plan -- and He'll pull you through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! We need to talk, life is just so crazy. I miss you!

      Delete