Sunday, June 24, 2012

A new week

The start of a new week. Kind of tiring thinking about it...but so excited because thanks to the Sheridan's (we love you kristi & gavin!) Joe and I have a date coming up. That's right, our first date in quite a while and I couldn't be more excited...the countdown has begun for next weekend already!
Blake has been coughing a bit & I just can't bring myself to go to the dr. AGAIN. Trying some Hyland's natural medicine for cough & so far it doesn't seem to do a thing. I just feel like I'm always giving the kid medicine instead of trying to help him get some immunity and fight sickness naturally.
Any recommendations out there from other mom's?  Part of me thinks it's allergies because it's not consistent in the day, just random bouts of it.  Rarely does it wake him but when he coughs it sounds icky. This is his first cough in a few months...we've done the nebulizer thing a few times, but it's been a while. I just want to enjoy our days together but they are being consumed more and more with illness.
Today Blake & I went on a date and it was so fun to be alone just the two of us. Of course Iris couldn't be happier than when she's with Joe, so it was a win win. The girl adores him, it's really sweet to see.
It's hard to believe it's 2 months this week since she's been home with us. She has grown leaps and bounds, but we still have our issues to work on. She continues to be very picky with food and I haven't really made anything that she loves yet (who doesn't like Annie's mac & cheese...?)
 There is still that insecurity when she wants to be held and if that doesn't happen to her liking she falls to the ground whining, but we are working on it. She's slowly being trained to come when I call, tell me when she's all done, saying please & loves her new nickname "coco". No, it has nothing to do with the color of her skin or some inside story...it's just fun to say! Blake blows her kisses a lot now & it's so sweet to see. He is also happy to try feeding her at times and brings her little presents like mulch and rocks when we play outdoors. I love seeing them interact.

Praying and hoping something happens with a job for Joe. It's hard to not worry and I have to rest in God's timing of when He wants to get us to Florida. It's a battle to not think the worst & realize how often He has brought me through difficult times of waiting (singleness, being homesick, waiting for a baby, waiting for adoption). When will I finally learn to trust Him without doubting?
I have this specific timetable that I want us to be there, but I know life is not about me being comfortable and happy and so I have to continue to seek peace from the Lord nomatter how far I am from those I love. He has us here for this time & I'm so grateful we finally are a family of 4, how dare I complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment