Thursday, January 31, 2013

A floridian at last...

Who knew after marrying Joe 7 years ago & not wanting to leave Florida that by Feb. 2013 my wish would come true! I'm back, baby!
God has been good to us. It's been a bit chaotic over the last week but we are managing to hold our own. Joe flew out for an interview last week & we are still awaiting (eagerly) news if he got the job.
My mom arrived on Saturday, we packed all weekend & when the movers arrived Monday we were nervous to see if all our stuff would fit in the UHaul Pods.It didn't.
So, last minute we had to make a decision to fill a third one or leave a huge amount of stuff behind. We decided to keep our stuff so there goes another chunk of change and we had to fill it ourselves. Cue mom, Joe and I frantically trying to get it done while the kids slept on the egg crates on the floor we had saved.
We flew out that night, Joe sold his car that evening, got the rest of the place cleared out & today we closed on the condo. It's really satisfying to have this chapter closed. Thought it might be more sad leaving our home that we started our married life in & brought Blake home (and Iris too)...but as I held their hands and said bye bye house with them, it was just time to go. We are ready!

It's been a good week, but also trying to be here without Joe, look at all the tlc this new house needs & still be unsure of Joe's status with being employed. It was good news today that I can take down some very sad vertical blinds, give a fresh coat of paint and update some lighting in our new place.
Everything feels dirty so a good cleaning is in order and I'm dying to slap some paint up on that wall. For anyone curious I'm going with a very neutral gray called Dolphin Fin by Behr & I can't wait. Thankgoodness for pinterest/blogs to help me out there. No more navy blunders.
We sold lots of furniture and threw out a ton so on my never ending list to get is a dining table & chairs, a desk, something to put the TV on, a dresser for our bedroom and on and on it goes.

I will do my best to get some before pictures posted so I can have one of those amazing transformations. It can't be all that I hope since I can't do anything drastic, but a few small changes should make a world of difference.
As for now, I'm trying to keep the kids feeling secure, hoping our stuff arrives the end of next week & Joe makes it safely down here. It's not an easy drive to do alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment