Friday, January 18, 2013

And so it goes...

Well, here's the scoop. Joe did not get the transfer with CDW. They won't even throw him a bone and give him a few weeks to work from the Florida office so now the whole team has to scramble to find his replacement and it's just so ridiculous to me. Oh well, after 13 years it's clear they don't care a whole lot about their employees & they will never have someone as great as Joe in that position, that's for sure.
So, cue the panic button. No job in Florida. Well, we knew this was a possibility when we put our place on the market last winter. Truth is, it's pretty challenging to seriously be on the job hunt when you live in a different state. I always felt if we were located in Florida he'd have a better chance of finding something. Joe's been working so hard to apply & get so much done...and still nothing. Until today.
He's gone a phone interview on Monday (please pray!) with a good company and if all goes well he'd fly down for a face to face interview next week at some point. My mom is arriving on the 26th & helping me to fly down with the kids on the 28th.
I don't know if I remember the last time I felt the pressure and stress of life in such a unique way, but it's a good place to be ...needy & desperate for the Lord to work a miracle and depend on Him.
Our place closes on the 31st & poor Joe has to drive my car across the country all by himself. What a man.
I look forward to looking back a few months from now and see all that He has accomplished & brought to pass in this crazy little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment