Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It is not always easy to feel this way! Took the kids on some errands this morning & was humbled with their behavior in public, especially Iris. She seems to turn into a different child when we are out and about. At home she comes when I call & knows she will not get away with hurting Blake or screaming in protest. That all goes out the window in a store though & I find myself struggling with how to deal with it. Obviously I can't do discipline in public of any kind & I feel like when we get home she won't understand what we are talking about since it's so removed from the situation. I don't know the best steps to take in the privacy of our home to train her for being in public and showing obedience instead of screaming / arching her back / not listening to me when I speak.
Lately she loves to scratch her nails on anything she can touch : walls, chairs, doors, my car...you name it. Now she knows to not do this and gets in trouble each time she reacts this way. It really only happens when she's upset or told something she doesn't like , she quickly finds something to scratch and then looks at me like well, are you going to do anything about it? Today I tried to show her that the only surface she can scratch is my back. I'm hoping she gets the hang of that soon and the screeching nail madness ends soon.
Blake continues to be obsessed with cars, Thomas the train & bees. He thinks every thing in the sky is a bee, when he looks out the window he says bee, everywhere we go "bee". The boy is terrified to swing b/c I think that's where he got stung, so he plays with mulch at the playground instead. It's so sad to see his fear control him and stop him from doing something he used to love.
 
Tomorrow we are all going to bible study fellowship for the first time - last week I had the pleasure of going without the kiddos. I'd appreciate any prayers as Blake is not a big fan of nurseries or leaving me & I feel that Iris will not react well in that nursery type setting. I'm truly hoping they both enjoy their time and it's not a nightmare or battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment