Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lyla (& some other details)

The last few days have been rough on the family. It's late so I'll make this short. Lyla began to show signs of muscle weakness, a limpness where she couldn't pull herself up, her neck hung...lots of scary stuff when you a see a one year old so limited physically. They took her to All Children's Hospital on Tuesday and did a CT scan showing nothing wrong with the brain (thank you Lord) and then a MRI showed a cyst on the spine. They decided to wait till the next morning to do the surgery & this morning they found 3 cysts along the spine. She might have been born with these cysts and they just continued to grow.
We are thankful the doctors were able to figure this out and it was nothing more serious. It's a large scar down her back and we know recovery will take a while. She's spending the nights in the ICU with Rachel and Jason not leaving her side.
My mom is caring for all 3 boys as my dad is teaching out of town (our old stompin grounds, of course)...Please pray for strength for EVERYONE as this is going to be a long road ahead. The boys are obviously missing their mom and dad and feeling out of sorts. Rachel and Jason have missed nights of sleep and will continue to do so...My mom is pulled in many directions between trying to make the boys feel secure, caring for her parents & not having my dad home right now.

On a bright note, we had a delightful sonogram on Tuesday morning where we found out it's a boy. I have to be honest, I'm only slightly sad because I was so set on my girl's name and now I feel like I'll never have my daughter Harper. It's too good of a name to let pass by, but I really feel like #3 is kind of it for us...
Now the name game for a boy continues. I love a crazy good name, something unique but not bizarre and it has to sound good with cotton. Please weigh in...I need some insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment