Friday, March 1, 2013

Florida, why do you hate my husband?

Well, we really do love being here. It's just the whole job situation is gotten to be stressful. We were supposed to hear today, all week really...but alas, not a word. Thankfully he does have some part time work that has opened up and will start next week. It's just getting old because although it's been a month now, it's hard to feel settled with Joe still home, still looking for work & when I think about it long enough my hair begins to tinge gray just a little. He's left messages just to follow up so we have an answer, but no returned calls. Never an encouraging sign.

Iris had a delightful birthday. Poppett dropped in to wish her well & then mommett (grandma and grandpa for those not familiar with our lingo) took her on a special date to build a bear & out to lunch. She now has a very sweet bunny named Foo Foo with a tu tu. After a delightful nap she played outside & I spoiled her with a slice of godiva cheesecake from Barnes & Noble. The girl does not like regular cake (after my own heart) but loved every bite of the cheesecake thankfully.

We had a yummy dinner, fun bubble bath & she opened her favorite thing - shoes. I took a picture this morning of just her in her new shoes. I promise to post pics soon - tomorrow night is her family celebration which I know she'll love. Want to be sure to include a few of those when I finally get my act together & post some pics.
Have a lovely weekend to all 3 of you who read this blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Miss Iris! We are so jealous of the beach but happy for you, of course! We are supposed to get hit with lots of snow on Wednesday.. Yuk! Praying a job comes thru for Joe! Love reading your new adventures. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete