Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sickness, you awful beast I despise...

After a solid month health streak it seems Blake has a bad cough...maybe croup. The symptoms appear to be that & so we'll see if it gets better soon or we'll be dr. bound...again. Hopefully Iris will stay healthy.

Joe & I got to attend a work dinner together Friday night for the first time ever. Kind of crazy that the restaurant was in the same parking lot that I purchased my wedding dress at. "Auntie Kristi & Uncle Gavin" bravely traveled out with their precious baby boy and watched our kids for the night. What wonderful friends we have.

My fun moment of the day was running into Goodwill today after I grocery shopped and found some legos for the kids (their first set) and a hot little navy ikat pillow that called out to me to take it home. I couldn't resist.

Here's hoping for a little more rest tonight. As much fun as it was being awake from 3am on, I'm ready to have one good night of sleep for recovery...somehow doubting that will be tonight. Iris has begun to cry out in her sleep. I run in to check and calm her (because those cries get VERY loud very fast) but she's totally out. Kind of crazy.

Anyone else out there familiar with croup? What worked for you?

Here's to a wild week of sleepless nights, cuddling, library time, and couch love.


No comments:

Post a Comment