Friday, November 23, 2012

It's been a worldwind of a week...started out with a bad cold & a phone call on Tuesday that we were to be in court for Iris's readoption on Wednesday. 
I feel like I'm still in recovery mode from getting up at 5am and lugging them around the city for a couple hours, but it went smooth and I'm so relieved to be done with it. We probably will miss out on any government tax credit unless Congress extends it, but atleast we did what we could.

By our choice it was a very low key & quiet thanksgiving and I enjoyed not having to leave the house. Although I went to somewhat greater lengths to make a nice meal, Blake still didn't give me his approval and hardly touched his plate. Iris liked some things but rejected my cornbread casserole (which to me makes the whole meal). I stayed up late watching Hallmark movies & enjoyed every minute.

Today is usually a day that I LOVE to shop, but I couldn't bring myself to shower, get dressed, face the cold & long lines...I just didn't have the fight in me. Tomorrow is a whole other story. I've been laying low now for a few days so I think I'm ready to brave a couple of places.
Although it is nice to have a quiet holiday weekend I can hardly wait for the craziness of being in Florida with my family and having lots of noise and fun going on with everyone. It's always a tough reminder to be away for special occasions.

I can't help but remember some tough thanksgiving weekends in the last few years. My first miscarriage was on thanksgiving in 2007...2008 I was pregnant & miscarried a few weeks later...2009 we had some more adoption paperwork to finish up before it went to Ethiopia and even last year we were wondering when we would meet our daughter. It's truly incredible to see God's faithfulness to me and His timing in my life. I have so much to give thanks for.


No comments:

Post a Comment