Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Rambling Thoughts

It's been a tiring week so far. Oh wait, it's only Tuesday. Is it crazy that I'm already dreaming of Christmas? Maybe that's because I haven't seen my family since May and even then I was completely overwhelmed with bringing Iris home...so yeah, it's been way too long. Hoping we can find a great deal on tickets & Joe can take off a decent amount of time from work, along with working from the tampa office.

Took the kids for a walk this afternoon & of course within a matter of minutes I got the how old are question (understandable, but really, we are just walking by - is it that important to know?) then I got defensive when a couple of young girls stopped and stared @ Iris and I. One of the girls asked "those your babies?" I said yes & she said "both of them?" to which I responded "he is our biological son and we brought her home from Ethiopia, so yes, they are both my babies."  Then she said "so they were adopted?"  I said something quickly that I can't remember and walked off in a huff. I know to expect this, but sometimes it just gets old.  The kids are young now so they don't know what I'm saying but I really don't want it akward for them when they are a bit older. It's unfair to her & even though I read all about this prior to the adoption I feel a bit weary of it. Anyone have any better ideas for responding to the constant questions?
I think when people ask their ages it's their polite way to figure out if they are twins or if one or both are adopted. It's quite clever, and I'd probably say it too, but it still gets old because I have to explain the adoption anyway. I need to see it as an opportunity for witnessing and how God opened our hearts and made a way with Iris and Blake - but most days it just feels intrusive & annoying.

Enough about that....sorry for the tangent! I've been busy fixing my navy bathroom, applying a second coat, painting the baseboards white  & painting the door and trim as well. I'm tired of all the work and wish I never would have touched it to begin with. The second coat made a huge difference though so I'm glad it's done.

Tomorrow morning while I'm at BSF a real estate agent is coming, the one who's client has an offer on our house just to check it out. It's more of a business deal so he never scoped it out in person, but instead placed an offer right away. That puts me under the gun to have this place looking clean and get out the door by 8:30. No small feat!

Blake and Iris had a ball at the Goebbert's in Hampshire over the weekend - I need to post pics because we finally got a good family photo. It was more geared toward kids and so glad that we were able to do it. I will seriously miss the cooler weather of fall here and the changing leaves. The beauty of those red and yellow trees blow me away every year (I guess that's just the Floridian in me that was deprived as a child). Now come December, Jan & Feb I won't feel deprived at all when I'm not freezing in the snow.

Still praying for  a move to Florida before the year comes to a close, but realizing it probably won't happen till our short sale is final and we are forced to go to Florida - come quickly short sale process!
Joe continues to search jobs, but they are few and far between.

Two year ago at this time I was pregnant with Blake & didn't have a clue what was ahead - it just seems crazy now...he'll be 2 so soon! He has his first b-day party for a neighbor friend this weekend. I'm not ready for him to be growing up.
Iris already has her 6 month post op report coming up next week...didn't we always have her here???

No comments:

Post a Comment