Friday, October 5, 2012




 
 
Can't believe October is here - lots of birthday's in our family from now till Christmas but the next one is the 13th & our sweet little Blake Joseph (should be Shepherd...I'll always be bitter) will be turning 2. How can that be? Wasn't I just nursing him, trying to figure out his schedule and how to lose that extra 50 pounds I gained? The reality of having a baby after all the years of longing for one had been granted and I felt completely overwhelmed.
 
A year ago at this time we had the referral and were making Christmas plans...no idea that we'd be traveling to Ethiopia the day after Christmas for our court appointment. I'm glad we are at where we are, it's been a rough couple years getting here and I'm grateful.
It's all too easy to focus on the one thing I don't have that I feel like I "need" - Florida. I'm reminded of God's completely different time table with every step these last couple of years and rest in His timing, but it's getting so hard as winter approaches and our short sale looms on. I can't wait to look back next year around this time and see how it all works out.
 
So thankful for the weekend, for relaxation & fun plans. Tonight my evening involves a glass of wine & some TV and I couldn't be more relieved :)
 
5 Random Iris facts:
1. Is finally growing out of her 6-12 month shoes at 19 months!
2. Doesn't make a peep after her afternoon nap, waits for me to come get her after 3 hours!
3. Eats anything put in front of her, even spicy stuff. God bless her
4. Loves to help me with little things around the house like cleaning up, throwing things away and closing drawers.
5. Will try to say any word I tell her & gives out kisses before being asked.
6. Careful - she bites! (Working on that)


No comments:

Post a Comment