Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Oh Happy Day

It was your typical Tuesday, running around target getting a few things but something changed. Something was different. I was in the back of the store looking at sheets (of course I was) and then the magical words came out of Iris's mouth "I have to go poo poo". Now I know I've shared probably more than anyone cares about my poop woes, but honestly when you live this stuff day in and day out for a good year, it's hard to not be swallowed up in the madness.
Okay, so I run like a mad person to the bathroom, holding Sawyer, pushing a cart, yelling out please Iris, hold in your shadoobee & SHE DID IT. She held it till the right time, went on the toilet, wiped it like a normal person & we were done. This was the first time she's used a public toilet with no fear, no hesitation, telling me she had to go...I wish I could take some sort of credit, but honestly it's a complete and utter miracle.
This is the girl who would stand and take a dump on my floor. This is the girl who would scream and throw a fit when I suggest trying the toilet. She has now stayed clean for church, an Ikea run & Target with no sign of letting up in the future.
We've had a great couple of weeks here and there in the past, so I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but I've never had her tell me she's had to go so often, get it out without an accident & not be horribly upset by the experience. I'm LOVING this & finally seeing a light at the end of a VERY LONG TUNNEL.

Sincerely,
One Very Tired but Thrilled Mother...

1 comment:

  1. hooray!!!
    so happpy for you!
    My girl still insists on a diaper for poo. ugh.

    ReplyDelete