Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beginnings & Endings

Waiting & waiting, seems like my grandpa's days are numbered here on earth.  I want him to not have to suffer anymore, but it's still a difficult time knowing what a loss it is for our family, especially my grandma after 68 (or close to it) years of marriage... there have been so many close calls over the years, it's hard to imagine that it's finally going to be a reality soon. It's horrible to watch him in a nursing home grow weaker and because of his dementia he has not been himself for a long time. My grandma spends every afternoon with him and my mom is there practically every day as well...I know they'd appreciate prayers as goodbyes are never easy...Thankful I could be with him last week.
 
Waiting for Sawyer to be born. Waiting to see what having a baby and two 2 year olds will be like.
The kids really seem to be developing a lot lately, it's so fun to watch them say more, react to things with cute expressions & show some love to each other without me asking them to.
Iris had a small little Christmas today when a neighbor dropped off bags of clothes & shoes. The girl rarely likes to be alone but there was a good hour of her just trying on about 5 pairs of shoes. It was so cute...maybe since she never wore shoes the first year of life? The girl seriously has a fetish.
 
They are both so observant, so sweet & make me laugh each day. The new adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment