Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Heartbeat

This morning the weekly doctor appointment had me hooked up to the monitor to hear Sawyer's heartbeat for a solid 10-15 minutes. Blake and Iris were in the room with me and I thought about the first time I was at a doctor office to hear the heartbeat and there was none. That moment has stuck with me and was crushing. Who could have looked down the road to see all this?

It felt like forever when I was pregnant with Blake, each day a scary unknown and then he was born and all was well.

Then just 14 months later we were on a plane meeting Iris for the first time and now she's been with us 15 months.

I never want to forget that this life inside me is a total miracle & although it seems to be going well now, this life does not belong to me - only the Lord. May I be faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment