Monday, February 18, 2013

A bit of news...

Getting settled in the new house. Farmer's market on Saturday made me feel like I was on vacation, then I remembered I get to live here now!
Love being at church with my family, love seeing my kids so happy to see their cousins.
Today is Joe's 3rd interview, so we are hopeful. There's a certain stress and uneasiness that goes along with unemployment & I'm ready for that to be over. I'm not used to seeing Joe stressed out (that's my job) and I am not loving it so far.
Last night we painted half the living room, today we are putting in a new to us oven that a friend got for us & replacing one that is from the 60's...it's a good day. Tomorrow we put up a small fence to keep our children from falling to their death into the backyard lake.
Our new home is starting to feel like home. Best part is waking up before the kids in the morning and being able to put on the lights, make the coffee & not have it disturb them. A door is a beautiful thing.
Hopefully the next time I post will be of good news & some pics. I'm waiting till things look a bit more up to par before sharing them. So much to do & yes, so much time. But I want them all done yesterday.
Oh & I'm also 13 weeks pregnant. Kind of been keeping it on the hush hush with my long and not so fun history of miscarriage, but it's getting pretty difficult to hide my bump, so in case you were wondering I've not been loading up on cheesecake and burgers. Not yet.

3 comments:

  1. AHHHHH! Oh my, sister I am 12 weeks =) Happy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... Congrats -- to you too Alicia! How exciting. Praying for Joe's job to come through -- then I'm sure you can breathe a little easier. Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've spent very little time online for the past few months, so I am just now catching up on all of your adventures. Congratulations on the new baby!!! What a year it has been for all of you! I will gladly keep you and the little one in my prayers! =)

    ReplyDelete