Friday, December 26, 2014

3 Years Today

It was Dec 26, 2011 that Joe and I boarded a plane to Washington DC, spent the night and caught the only flight out on Dec 27th to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to meet our daughter Iris. Although it's been a long 3 years and in some ways it feels like she was always here, I remember each moment of that trip extremely well.
We were terrified and excited at the same time! It was the first time away from Blake which was very hard. It was the first time meeting our girl who we had seen in pictures and prayed for and expected for years...yet nerve wracking not knowing what to expect.
That trip went as well as it possibly could have. We met incredible people and bonded with the families who were experiencing the same thing. Our court date was not until Jan 2 so we brought in the new year in a way I'll never forget. I will forever treasure that trip in my heart.

This is the picture we got of Iris when she left her orphanage and came to Acacia Village where she would first meet us. God was so faithful to bring her to us! How she has brightened up our lives!


We had yet to hold and hug our little girl when we saw these pictures and I remember the longing of just wanting to get on a plane and go meet her at that exact moment. It felt eternal till we could get her...and here we are, 3 years later. I had no idea how much I needed her. It's incredible how God works in our lives, isn't it?

Iris Michele, you are truly a gift from God and we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment